Friday, June 24, 2011

Musings in Maine (Part 2) PUFFINS and other things!!



Let's put our heads together!








 
Puffin skipping on the water!


Grey and Harbor Seals!

Yesterday, Brandon and I got to go on an Atlantic Puffin Tour to Machias Seal Island off the Maine coast. We traveled 10 miles out to sea. The island we visited still has a manned lighthouse and a research station. We were able to spend a few hours in a blind where we were surrounded by Atlantic Puffins, Razorbill Auks, Common Murres, and Arctic Turns to name a few. Also, on the neighboring island we found Grey Seals and Harbor Seals. Seeing these sea birds in the wild is an enchanting and once in a lifetime opportunity. The weather was perfect and the birds put on a show! I might put up some more photos as I took over 600.


Photo by Brandon Robison

Photo by Brandon Robison

Brandon took a few too! :)

2 comments:

  1. these are great pics whitney! i had no idea you were such a wildlife photographer! guess it runs in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I love your puffin photos, especially the first three. I love the angle and creativity in the top photo. You make me so proud! Dad

    ReplyDelete